The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for the handling of freight claims data entry and follow-up, and the support of the day-to-day operations and execution of customer’s transportation programs within Superior Transport & Logistics. The Customer Support Specialist will provide data entry support to the Customer Service Specialists, address external and internal customer service inquires, load tendering, create shipping documents, trace shipments, audit and process carrier invoices. The Customer Support Specialist will also handle all aspects of company- wide freight claims. Duties also include (but are not limited to) daily performance reporting, process mapping and improvement, revenue and cost management and specific customer metrics reporting and management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
- Provide extraordinary customer service and accurate and detailed information to the customers who contact Superior Transport & Logistics
- Processes customer shipments, changes, and invoices according to established department policies and procedures.
- Handle freight claims in entirety for all departments.
- Works closely with the accounting department to resolve invoice items and claims payments.
- Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Partners with teammates to support all customer service expectations.
- May be asked and required to perform other duties as requested.
- Complete Customer Focus – Do what’s right for the customer and make decisions in the best interest of the customer even when it is difficult. Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving Skills/Analysis – Ability to identify issues, quantify the issue, come up with options, evaluate and recommend solutions and use common sense to solve problems.
- Excellent Time Management – Show up (ahead of) time, do your work, keep focused on what your job is
- Communicate Concisely – Clearly and effectively while maintaining a friendly, caring and professional tone of voice. Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea
- Teamwork – Must be able to work in a team, but also be self-managing, self –motivated and balancing workload and effort doing what is best for the team/customer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications – including (but not limited to) Excel, Access, Outlook, and basic proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
- Organizational Outlook – Must come to work with a good attitude, be a quick learner, and have attention to detail, organized and flexible with change.
- Personal Integrity – (Trust and be trusted)be accountable and responsible, display solid work ethics
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Change Management – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems.
- Risk Taking – Ability to take calculated risks or to stretch the limits of comfort zones.
- Team Building – Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, hours as determined by the Customer Service Supervisor, between 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. dependent on customer and/or company needs, not to exceed 19 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Customer service experience.
- Experience handling freight claims in their entirety
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Ability to type minimum of 40 wpm
- Organize and maintain desktop and paperwork accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to address customer concerns verbally and in writing with poise, professionalism and to the point.
It is the policy of Superior Transport & Logistics not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.Apply Now