The Business Development Manager is responsible for the growth and maintenance of the company sales, service and execution of our Core Customers’ transportation programs within Superior Transport & Logistics.
The Business Development Manager will address external and internal customer service inquires, carrier selections, create shipping documents, trace shipments, audit carrier invoices. Duties also include (but are not limited to) extensive daily performance reporting, process mapping and process improvement, revenue and cost management. Will also need to keep current and understand transportation industry trends, develop and improve customer metrics reporting and management.
Maintain and develop external carrier relationships. The Business Development Manager is a main point of contact for elevated carrier relationships and negotiations.
Responsible for projecting sales on a monthly basis to ensure company is maintaining proper staffing levels, helping grow and develop staff, coaching and performance management for the accomplishment of achieving department goals and objectives.
Manages to department budget and provides approvals of exceptions for customer service issues.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide extraordinary customer service and accurate and detailed information to the customers who contact Superior Transport & Logistics
- Processes customer shipments, changes, and invoices according to established department policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the accounting department to resolve invoice items.
- Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Partners with teammates to support all customer service expectations.
- May be asked and required to perform other duties as requested.
- Complete Customer Focus – Do what’s right for the customer and make decisions in the best interest of the customer even when it is difficult. Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving Skills/Analysis – Ability to identify issues, quantify the issue, come up with options, evaluate and recommend solutions and use common sense to solve problems.
- Excellent Time Management – Show up (ahead of) time, do your work, keep focused on what your job is
- Communicate Concisely – Clearly and effectively while maintaining a friendly, caring and professional tone of voice. Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea
- Teamwork – Must be able to work in a team, but also be self-managing, self –motivated and balancing workload and effort doing what is best for the team/customer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications – including (but not limited to) Excel, Access, Outlook, and basic proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
- Organizational Outlook – Must come to work with a good attitude, be a quick learner, and have attention to detail, organized and flexible with change.
- Personal Integrity – (Trust and be trusted)be accountable and responsible, display solid work ethics
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Change Management – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems.
- Risk Taking – Ability to take calculated risks or to stretch the limits of comfort zones.
- Team Building – Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: Customer Service Specialists
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, with an 8 hour shift between 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. dependent on customer and/or company needs. Customer needs, entertainments, and outings may require nights and weekends as well.
Travel is expected for this position. 3-5 days per week.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Sales management and support experience within the Transportation and Logistics segment.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of sales management or customer support experience in the Transportation Industry where drive, determination and self-motivation were required. Must be able to demonstrate ability to handle more complex customer support needs and telephone calls while maintaining professionalism, care and a sense of urgency.
- Has the ability to coordinate or oversee multiple customer projects from start to finish while developing the support implementation plan.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to type minimum of 40 wpm
- Organize and maintain paperwork accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to address customer concerns verbally and in writing with poise, professionalism and to the point.
- Experience developing and managing to departmental budget
- Experience developing and managing to call center metrics
- Experience leading, coaching and developing employees. Managing workload, staffing and efficiencies.
It is the policy of Superior Transport & Logistics not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.Apply Now